1. ATHLETES, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MEDICAL FORM IS CURRENT. We are asking you to take the lead and keep your status CURRENT! If you need a new medical, you can download the form by clicking HERE. Follow the directions on the form for submitting it to SOGA. By March 30, 2020, Special Pops requires confirmation you will be attending the Summer Games and all paperwork is up to date.
2. SPECIAL OLYMPICS SUMMER GAMES are Friday, May 22 - Sunday, May 24, 2020. The games are held at Emory University. You have the option of:
A: Playing in the Spring Academies ONLY
B: taking part in Spring Academies AND attending the SOGA Summer Games.
Indicate below if you will be attending the games this year. **Please only indicate that you will attend if you have no other commitments that weekend. SPT pays a non-refundable $17 entry fee. Please do not select yes unless you are sure you are available and committed to going to the games. **
Athletes 8 years or older are eligible to compete. SOGA requires athletes attending the games to attend at least 8 practice sessions in the sport that they will be competing in. Athletes can compete in only 1 sport at the Summer Games. Please make sure that you sign up for only one sport and that all coaches know what sport you will play at the games.
Athletes that are not going to the Summer Games to play tennis with Special Pops Tennis, can still attend the academy sessions but should Select: option NO below when indicating if going to the games to play tennis. Select YES if you will attend the games to play tennis; Select: Further info needed if you need more information. If you are attending the Summer Games, indicate the delegation that you will go with; the delegation pays for you to attend and you wear that delegation shirt. NOTE: Special Pops Tennis does not stay overnight at Emory. If you want to spend the night, register to attend the games with one of the other delegations listed below.
3. The schedules for Academy Sites are:
*indicates new site
Bobby Baily Tennis Facility/Alberta Banks Pk. Thursdays 7-8:30 p.m. March 12 – May 14
Brenau University Fridays 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. Jan 17 & 31, Feb 14, Mar 13, Apr 3 & 24
CCR Wednesdays 7-8:00 p.m. March 11-May 13
Cherokee/Hobgood Park Thursdays 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. March 26 - May 7
Dekalb Tennis Center Mondays 6:30-7:30 p.m. March 9 - May 18
Duluth Racquet Club Mondays 7-8:30 p.m. Mar 11 – May 18
E Roswell Park Mondays 7-8:15 p.m. March 9 – May 18
Fair Oaks Tuesdays 6:30-8:00 p.m. March 10 - May 19
Lassiter HS Tuesdays 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. OR 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. March 10 - May 19
Life Time Fitness Saturdays 4-5:30 p.m. Feb 15 – May 16
Medlock Bridge Sundays 5-6:30 p.m. Mar 15 – May 10
*Polo Fields Club Wednesdays 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. Mar 11 - May 13
*Roswell Area Park Tuesdays 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. Dates TBD
Sandy Springs Mondays 6:30-7:30 p.m. Level 1&2 7:30-8:30 p.m. Level 3&5 March 16- May 11
Standard Club Saturdays 12-1:30 p.m. March 7 – May 16
Summit Chase Saturdays 2-3:30 p.m. March 7 – May 16
1. Acquisition of Information. We do not acquire any more information about consumers than is required by law or is otherwise necessary to provide a high level of service efficiently and securely.
2. Our Employees and Privacy. We train all of our employees about the importance of privacy. We give access to information about consumers only to those employees who require it to perform their jobs.
3. Security Measures. We make access to privacy-sensitive information subject to rigorous procedural and technological controls, consistent with legal requirements and the demands of customer service.
4. Disclosure to Third Parties. We will provide individually-identifiable information about consumers to third parties only if we are compelled to do so by order of a duly-empowered governmental authority, we have the express permission of the consumer, or it is necessary to process transactions and provide our services.
Donations are non-refundable