download.png
   
The Pride of America
They Served Our Country with Dedication, Courage and Great Sacrifice
Some Veterans Are Still Fighting

 

 

 

Did you know research shows 22 veterans commit suicide each day*, and 40% of veterans who served in Iraq and Afghanistan are diagnosed with depression or PTSD** with many others undiagnosed? Those with depression or PTSD are three times more likely to get divorced, three times more likely to lose their jobs, and four times more likely to commit suicide. (*2012 Suicide Data Report presented by Department of Veterans Affairs Mental Health Services Suicide Prevention Program, **www.cdc.govwww.Veteransandptsd.com)
 
Approximately 27% of veterans qualify for ongoing benefits due to retirement or disability following their military service. This leaves 73%, or 65,000, veterans plus their families in our local community without support for trauma they incurred during their military service.
 
At Mt. Carmel, active military, veterans, and their families have access to traditional talk-therapy and alternative therapies for no/low cost with no prequalification, insurance requirements, or VA referral. Mt. Carmel VSC also offers other very important services that include:
  • Individualized support and case management
  • Housing, utilities, grocery and gas financial support
  • Free food giveaway
  • Veterans Integration Program
  • Service-to-Career Programs
  • Job coaching
  • Transferable Skills Development Program
  • Support groups - PTSD, PTSD Family Support, Trauma-Focused Yoga
  • Coordination assistance with agencies and organizations within the community
 
Help Mt. Carmel VSC reach out to military and veteran heroes who need our help.
Help us continue to serve this very important community.

Help Us Help Ours
 

On behalf of our Veterans, Military and their Families 
thank you for your donation! 

On behalf of our Veterans, Military and their Families, thank you for your generous gift! 

Please visit our website to learn more about 
Mt. Carmel Veterans Service Center.

We are highly sensitive to the privacy interests of consumers and believes that the protection of those interests is one of its most significant responsibilities. In acknowledgment of its obligations, we have adopted the following Privacy Policy applicable to information about consumers that it acquires in the course of its business:

1. Acquisition of Information. We do not acquire any more information about consumers than is required by law or is otherwise necessary to provide a high level of service efficiently and securely.

2. Our Employees and Privacy. We train all of our employees about the importance of privacy. We give access to information about consumers only to those employees who require it to perform their jobs.

3. Security Measures. We make access to privacy-sensitive information subject to rigorous procedural and technological controls, consistent with legal requirements and the demands of customer service.

4. Disclosure to Third Parties. We will provide individually-identifiable information about consumers to third parties only if we are compelled to do so by order of a duly-empowered governmental authority, we have the express permission of the consumer, or it is necessary to process transactions and provide our services.

5. Privacy and Our Business Partners. When we make our technology or services available to business partners, we will not share with them any more consumer information than is necessary, and we will make every reasonable effort to assure, by contract or otherwise, that they use our technology and services in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Policy.

Donations are non-refundable