Open climb night is an opportunity to reserve time, for a party of up to five, to experience climbing in the CRUX. (Those interested in larger groups should reserve a time through our Crux reservation form found here.) Participants will receive safety training, basic climbing instruction, games, and a chance to learn about the youth rock-climbing programs on the horizon at Camptown. Camptown's Youth Climbing Clubs and Clinics will provide regular classes at the CRUX to boost skill, technique and confidence, with the goal of ultimately climbing outdoors.
OPEN CLIMB DATES:
Wednesday, September 20th (6-8 PM)
Wednesday, October 11th (6-8 PM)
Saturday, November 11th (2-4 PM)
Requirements: All participants must be at least 6 years of age to climb. Climbing groups may only consist of 5 climbers maximum, including the adult leader. All climbers will be required to fill out a waiver and receive climbing instruction before climbing.
Suggested donation of $10/per person.
Benefits of Climbing:
1. Rock Climbing encourages cognitive performance by supporting the development of attention and focus. While many activities offer time to become distracted, rock climbing takes the individual outside of their comfort zone to a place where focusing on every move becomes essential. Like anything, practice makes perfect, and rock climbing is a great way to practice the art of focus.
2. Healthy development of working memory, as it encompasses awareness of the body position, movement and navigation.
3. Supports project-planning. Each route is appropriately referred to as a "project." The climber must visualize the project, plan moves, practice and finally complete the challenge. This process carries over outside the gym and into everyday practices.
4. Builds confidence by stepping outside of our comfort zone and allowing the individual an opportunity to accomplish goals of which they never thought they'd be capable.
5. Growing research is going into the use of bouldering as therapeutic treatment for depression because it engages social, mental and physical endurance.
Post pandemic and even prior, youth began facing dilemmas and obstacles with an ill-equipped toolbox to positively and effectively problem-solve. The CRUX offers a private indoor-rock climbing gym that will consistently and reliably teach safety, skill, individual and team growth and an environment to foster positive adventure. Kids will have the opportunity to develop their skills in the gym, build individual confidence, develop friendships and grow physically, socially and mentally. Through the rock climbing clubs and clinics, youth groups will be offered the ultimate adventure of rock climbing outdoors.
Have a question? Give us a call at 317-471-8277 or email Whitney Carriger at [email protected].
1. Acquisition of Information. We do not acquire any more information about consumers than is required by law or is otherwise necessary to provide a high level of service efficiently and securely.
2. Our Employees and Privacy. We train all of our employees about the importance of privacy. We give access to information about consumers only to those employees who require it to perform their jobs.
3. Security Measures. We make access to privacy-sensitive information subject to rigorous procedural and technological controls, consistent with legal requirements and the demands of customer service.
4. Disclosure to Third Parties. We will provide individually-identifiable information about consumers to third parties only if we are compelled to do so by order of a duly-empowered governmental authority, we have the express permission of the consumer, or it is necessary to process transactions and provide our services.