Whether you are a business owner, teacher, volunteer, law enforcement professional, minister or anyone in between. Bridges will prepare you to become more effective working with people operating in the survival mode of poverty.
• Workshop provides the framework for understanding the dynamics that cause and maintain poverty from an individual, to a systemic level.
• This abbreviated version of our Bridges Out of Poverty Workshops has a particular focus on orientating professionals and volunteers from middle class who interact with our under-resourced neighbors in poverty. It is an overview of our one and two day workshops plus a presentation of our Advocates for Change program.
• This workshop will increase your awareness and provide a framework to become more effective in removing barriers and build resources in individuals on the journey to self-sufficiency.
The workshop is based on the book Bridges Out Of Poverty: Strategies for Professionals and Communities a collaboration between Ruby K. Payne, Philip DeVol, and Terie Dreussi Smith.
Dates: Saturday July 20, 2019
Time: 9 am -Noon
Facilitated by Keith Adams, Executive Director of Common Heart and Certified Bridges Out of Poverty trainer.
Have a question? Give us a call at 704-218-9060 or email us at CommonHeart@CommonHeart.org.
1. Acquisition of Information. We do not acquire any more information about consumers than is required by law or is otherwise necessary to provide a high level of service efficiently and securely.
2. Our Employees and Privacy. We train all of our employees about the importance of privacy. We give access to information about consumers only to those employees who require it to perform their jobs.
3. Security Measures. We make access to privacy-sensitive information subject to rigorous procedural and technological controls, consistent with legal requirements and the demands of customer service.
4. Disclosure to Third Parties. We will provide individually-identifiable information about consumers to third parties only if we are compelled to do so by order of a duly-empowered governmental authority, we have the express permission of the consumer, or it is necessary to process transactions and provide our services.
Donations are non-refundable