We welcome Coaches, Unified Partners, Ball Persons and more to volunteer in our Spring Academies. Students and adults who play tennis or do not play tennis, and those who have a passion to help, are invited.
Our volunteers assist at our Spring Academy Sites and also as Unified Partners at events. Academies meet February through May based on the schedule below. The SPECIAL OLYMPICS SUMMER GAMES are Friday, May 22 - Sunday, May 24, 2020 at Emory University. Unified Partners are paired with athletes to play as their partner in competition. (Unified Partners must already be tennis players before signing up to play in the Summer Games.) We typically need 60+ unified partners for this event so your consideration for signing up is greatly appreciated.
1. To volunteer at a Spring Academy Site only, go to Step 3 to review the site schedules & complete your registration. [Select Not able to attend the Games for the question below. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the GAMES.]
2. To volunteer at a site AND as a Unified Partner for the Summer Games, review the following. Please only sign up if you are available the weekend of the GAMES. SPT pays a non-refundable $17 entry fee. Please do not select yes unless you are sure you are available and committed to going to the games. If you have previously served as a Unified Partner, move to Step 3.
If you will be a Unified Partners (UP) for the first time -
Start by downloading the UP form and submit it to Special Olympics GA, or SOGA. It is helpful to complete all requirements on the form sooner rather than later. Forms must be submitted by March 30, 2020.
At the top, check box for Unified Partner ONLY
PLEASE ENTER Special Pops Tennis- Area 04 for the SOGA Agency, and fax or email it to SOGA form ASAP!
Indicate below that you will be attending the games this year as a Unified Partner.
*Indicates new site
Bobby Baily Tennis Facility/Alberta Banks Pk. Thursdays 7-8:30 p.m. March 12 – May 14
Brenau University Fridays 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. Jan 17 & 31, Feb 14, Mar 13, Apr 3 & 24
CCR Wednesdays 7-8:00 p.m. March 11-May 13
Cherokee/Hobgood Park Thursdays 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. March 26 - May 7
Dekalb Tennis Center Mondays 6:30-7:30 p.m. March 9 - May 18
Duluth Racquet Club Mondays 7-8:30 p.m. Mar 9 – May 18
E Roswell Park Mondays 7-8:15 p.m. March 9 – May 18
Fair Oaks Tuesdays 6:30-8:00 p.m. March 10 - May 19
Lassiter HS Tuesdays 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. OR 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. March 10 - May 19
Life Time Fitness Saturdays 4-5:30 p.m. Feb 15 – May 16
Medlock Bridge Sundays 5-6:30 p.m. Mar 15 – May 10
*Polo Fields Club Wednesdays 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. Mar 11 - May 13
*Roswell Area Park Tuesdays 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. Dates TBD
Sandy Springs Mondays 6:30-7:30 p.m. Level 1&2 7:30-8:30 p.m. Level 3&5 March 16- May 11
Standard Club Saturdays 12-1:30 p.m. March 7 – May 16
Summit Chase Saturdays 2-3:30 p.m. March 7 – May 16
1. Acquisition of Information. We do not acquire any more information about consumers than is required by law or is otherwise necessary to provide a high level of service efficiently and securely.
2. Our Employees and Privacy. We train all of our employees about the importance of privacy. We give access to information about consumers only to those employees who require it to perform their jobs.
3. Security Measures. We make access to privacy-sensitive information subject to rigorous procedural and technological controls, consistent with legal requirements and the demands of customer service.
4. Disclosure to Third Parties. We will provide individually-identifiable information about consumers to third parties only if we are compelled to do so by order of a duly-empowered governmental authority, we have the express permission of the consumer, or it is necessary to process transactions and provide our services.
Donations are non-refundable