Bridges Out of Poverty aims to develop a shared understanding and framework to collaborate and build a sustainable community where all can thrive. The second day focuses on applying the concepts across sectors to improve outcomes for families and communities that are under-resourced.
This workshop gives leaders, administrators, staff, community members and volunteers the common language, understanding and tools to prevent and alleviate poverty. Participants increase awareness of how economic class impacts life experience, resources and stability. Customer service and teamwork in business and community settings are improved. New insights will create strategies to improve individual, institutional and community based outcomes. This workshop is based on the book Bridges Out Of Poverty: Strategies for Professionals and Communities a collaboration between Ruby K. Payne, Philip DeVol, and Terie Dreussi Smith.
Dates: Saturday August 24, 2019 (Day 1 Framework) & Saturday September 7, 2019 (Day 2 Application)
Time: 9 am - 4 pm
• Facilitated by Keith Adams, Executive Director of Common Heart and Certified Bridges Out of Poverty trainer.
• All training material, lunch & snacks are provided. There will be available for sale books with additional information and sector specific application.
Have a question? Give us a call at 704-218-9060 or email us at CommonHeart@CommonHeart.org.
1. Acquisition of Information. We do not acquire any more information about consumers than is required by law or is otherwise necessary to provide a high level of service efficiently and securely. To review personal information collected and request corrections please contact email@example.com
2. Our Employees and Privacy. We train all of our employees about the importance of privacy. We give access to information about donors only to those employees who require it to perform their jobs.
3. Security Measures. We make access to privacy-sensitive information subject to rigorous procedural and technological controls, consistent with legal requirements and the demands of customer service.
4. Disclosure to Third Parties. We will provide individually-identifiable information about consumers to third parties only if we are compelled to do so by order of a duly-empowered governmental authority, we have the express permission of the consumer, or it is necessary to process transactions and provide our services. In campaigns where donations or names may be posted, such as Common Heart Hunger Walk, you may click the make donation anonymous and your donation and/or name will not be posted.
Donations are non-refundable